Skip to main content

Happy happy happy!!

I LOVE Valentines Day!

Like, BIGtime love it!!

And for me it's not about romance.... at all.  Of course it is in some ways, but for the most part I think it's a day for letting others know you love them.  It's about heart-shaped waffles for breakfast, heart-attacked doors, dangling from long ribbons the large wooden hearts I had each of my family members paint when my kids were younger, delivering heart-shaped, pink frosted sugar cookies, fondue for dinner, hanging my red rose heart wreath on the front door (though I didn't get to it this year :-(( ).... so many things.  And hey, it's only noon and we've already gotten Valentines from three people and none were about oohlala love.

A friend (and I got her permission) who lives down the street posted this on fb yesterday... and it couldn't illustrate my point above any better...

February 12
So I just need to share…..today while I was in for treatment (#4 of 12 btw!) there was a young mother with her 3 children that came into the center. One was a babe in arms, one about 3 or 4 and the oldest perhaps 5ish. She came in with a cart holding lots and lots of Valentine sacks filled with cute, really cute, homemade valentines with cute clever sayings. They walked around to everyone having chemo treatments and the little girl handed one to each person with a "happy valentine's day" and "you are a sweetie". It brought instant tears to my eyes. What hit me the most was that this very busy little mom is taking the time to teach her children the value and blessings of service. They were having such a fun time. We found out that this sweet mom and her little ones do this for every holiday throughout the year. I pray the choicest blessings on this family….they truly brighten the lives of many.


Next year I've decided on a plan (not that I have to wait to do this... you can do a kindness ANY old time)... and I'll ask others to be apart of it.... it's something I've wanted to do for a long time and I think Valentines Day would be perfect for it.  YAY!

Popular posts from this blog

Playing an old game.....

..... Ally and I. It happened as we were driving down Ustick Rd. the other day and saw a car with a Hawaii license plate.... then 20 seconds later Connecticut and Pennsylvania.  Now, if you've never been on Ustick Rd, you might not understand the significance of that. Ally got Alaska yesterday. Guess I better get out more.

Thanksforgiving

'Thanksforgiving' is the title to my Thanksgiving Pinterest board.... And now looking at it, I just saw it in a whole new way.... thanks + forgiving... instead of, or in addition to thanks + for + giving Interesting.... wouldn't it be awesome if we all could just forgive others of their shortcomings and be grateful for them as they are and accept them at face value instead.... the way we hope they look at us? Today I think of so many things.... What comes to mind: St. George - spent many Thanksgivings there while growing up and always spent time horseback riding over that weekend 4-day school vacation Dang!  In the middle of making this list I just remembered I forgot to make the Corn Soup... ugh... The 'Turkey Bowl' LeSueur Pumpkin Crunch Torte... I made a half this year which is baking (hopefully... something's up with my oven) as I type.... and man oh man, it sure smells good! My dad whipping the potatoes into oblivion Old family China dishes