Skip to main content

The Olympic Opening Ceremonies are on tonight from Sochi, Russia!


"The practice of sport is a human right.  Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which require mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play."  -Olympic Charter

(from the google homepage^^)

And I'm so excited for them to start!

Wearing my USA Roots Olympic beret, and instead of cooking something Russian (I usually make something that has to do with where the Olympics are being hosted), I went with some all-American kind of food.  I really wasn't in the mood for borscht, I don't drink Vodka... and I felt like hamburgers, cream soda and apple pie anyway.

It's been a 'snow day' here in winter wonderland and the kids got out of school.  So, it's the perfect night to snuggle up in front of the telly and ooh and ahh and cheer on the USA.... YAY!

Let the games begin!

Popular posts from this blog

"'Dear God,' she prayed, 'let me be something every minute of every hour of my life.'"   ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Lake McDonald, Montana

Have I ever talked about my thing for rocks?  Have had it since I was a little girl.... loved to collect rocks and go to rock shops.  I even have a few sitting next to my bed (nothing bigger than what fits in the palm of your hand) right now that've caught my fancy the last year or so... or that someone's given me.  Like the small white one Ally gave to me from our trip to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, at the Quileute Indian Reservation beach (okay, yeah... so it was really to see 'Twilight' country, but we saw some pretty amazing scenery as well)... and then a black rock Rob found on our trip to the Oregon Coast last year. Anyway... there's this lake in Montana ... Lake McDonald ... obviously from the subject heading... and it's got shores of brightly-colored rocks.  So guess what got added to the bucket list as soon as I saw the photos?  Yep... I will go there... for the rocks.... just to see the pretty colors.