Skip to main content

Come as you are...

One thing I get a good laugh about almost everyday is the difference in my daughters.

I couldn't love two people more than I love them.... they bring me so much joy and yet often times in completely opposite ways.

For example, their latest postings on fb....

From Sarah (last night)... a screenshot of texts between one of Sarah's friends and TJ... Sar thought it was hilarious:




From Ally tonight...

Ally
"The world thinks in order to love someone, THEY need to serve YOU. I think that is completely backwards. In order for your love to grow for someone, YOU must serve THEM." -Tom Lungren.  There is no greater way of showing your love for someone than by giving away sunshine with a little act of kindness. It may take time away from your day, but in return, it adds some sunshine to your own soul. 


They teach me SOO much... mainly about being true to themselves.  Neither has ever been afraid to be anything but COMPLETELY who they are.

I love it that Sarah has very little tolerance for nonsense.  She's so honest about what she thinks and how she feels.  There is never any doubt about exactly what Sarah's thinking.  If she doesn't believe something or like it, you KNOW it.  I love it that there is no such thing as being two-faced or putting on false pretenses for her.

Ally sees the world through rosy-colored glasses... though in a totally positive way.  She knows that there are trials and hardships in everyone's life and that the world as a whole can be a pretty rough place... yet she chooses to still see the best in EVERYTHING and everyone.  And she has patience to the moon and back.

One thing about my girls, they adore each other in every way.  In their relationship you see the deepest, truest feelings of their hearts... the purest form of unconditional love for the other.

I am so happy that they have each other... I know their love is something they'll be able to count on for every turn in life.

Popular posts from this blog

Playing an old game.....

..... Ally and I. It happened as we were driving down Ustick Rd. the other day and saw a car with a Hawaii license plate.... then 20 seconds later Connecticut and Pennsylvania.  Now, if you've never been on Ustick Rd, you might not understand the significance of that. Ally got Alaska yesterday. Guess I better get out more.

Thanksforgiving

'Thanksforgiving' is the title to my Thanksgiving Pinterest board.... And now looking at it, I just saw it in a whole new way.... thanks + forgiving... instead of, or in addition to thanks + for + giving Interesting.... wouldn't it be awesome if we all could just forgive others of their shortcomings and be grateful for them as they are and accept them at face value instead.... the way we hope they look at us? Today I think of so many things.... What comes to mind: St. George - spent many Thanksgivings there while growing up and always spent time horseback riding over that weekend 4-day school vacation Dang!  In the middle of making this list I just remembered I forgot to make the Corn Soup... ugh... The 'Turkey Bowl' LeSueur Pumpkin Crunch Torte... I made a half this year which is baking (hopefully... something's up with my oven) as I type.... and man oh man, it sure smells good! My dad whipping the potatoes into oblivion Old family China dishes