Skip to main content

Flurry of new reads...

A serious flurry!

I kind of go through these phases with reading.  I always love to read, but sometimes I just can't get enough... there aren't enough hours in the day for all of it!

Anyway, I've got a nice new little stack of books to keep me occupied the next few weeks, my house is all clean (not mentioning the garage though, the bane of my existence..... ugh), and I'll keep it that way.... it's usually the hazard of my flurry reading phases.... and takes the brunt of it.

So....

Starting with this today....




And so far I'm only 5 pages in and twice I've heartily laughed out loud and exclaimed "this is awesome!"

I love books in the form of journals/diaries!  Even if they are fictitious.... though this is based on a true story/ diary.  Happy day!

Some noted and laughable moments thus far:

Mattie, on the experience of her 'matrimonial bed'.... "I'd judge it took a minute, no more than two, at most.  So it is not a serious loss of time."

And on trying to be a good wife..... "I pray he does not regret our marriage, as I will not.  I should be quite out of sorts if he tried to return me like the pig, so I shall be careful not to swoll up."

Awesome blossom!!


*** Next morning (today, 3/27) Uhh..... So this book sorta sucked.  It kinda ripped my heart out.  Like jolted me.  I kept reading between the lines, but believed it couldn't be what I thought.  It was, of course.  Man, I'm naive and believe in the best in people EVEN in a book.  Ugh.




Popular posts from this blog

Lake McDonald, Montana

Have I ever talked about my thing for rocks?  Have had it since I was a little girl.... loved to collect rocks and go to rock shops.  I even have a few sitting next to my bed (nothing bigger than what fits in the palm of your hand) right now that've caught my fancy the last year or so... or that someone's given me.  Like the small white one Ally gave to me from our trip to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, at the Quileute Indian Reservation beach (okay, yeah... so it was really to see 'Twilight' country, but we saw some pretty amazing scenery as well)... and then a black rock Rob found on our trip to the Oregon Coast last year. Anyway... there's this lake in Montana ... Lake McDonald ... obviously from the subject heading... and it's got shores of brightly-colored rocks.  So guess what got added to the bucket list as soon as I saw the photos?  Yep... I will go there... for the rocks.... just to see the pretty colors. 
"'Dear God,' she prayed, 'let me be something every minute of every hour of my life.'"   ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn