Skip to main content

'Prayers For Sale'



I sort of ended up reading this book by mistake.

I was out to lunch with a friend last week whose book tastes I have always admired..... every book recommendation she has ever given me (at least 20) I have loved.

So, she gave me a list of about five new books to read and I could've sworn the above was on it.  Turns out it was just one recommended by Amazon because of a few others I was buying.

It started out great.  Totally held my interest.  But the middle to close to the end dragged on and on.  And sadly it became a to-do list item because I wanted to finish it.  I Hate starting a book and not finishing it.  It has to be absolutely horrid for me not to.  I always figure that there is something to be learned, even in mediocrity.

And I finished it today.  Took me almost a week.

I did end up loving the ending.

It was the kind of book that gives you a sense of how much better life is when you take hold of the moment and live it.  When you don't let a day pass by without finding some small way to make the world a better place.

And being the ever romantic that I am, my heart pitter-pattered that even in the autumn of life true love can still be found and start anew.

All in all, I'm glad I finished it.


Popular posts from this blog

Playing an old game.....

..... Ally and I. It happened as we were driving down Ustick Rd. the other day and saw a car with a Hawaii license plate.... then 20 seconds later Connecticut and Pennsylvania.  Now, if you've never been on Ustick Rd, you might not understand the significance of that. Ally got Alaska yesterday. Guess I better get out more.

Thanksforgiving

'Thanksforgiving' is the title to my Thanksgiving Pinterest board.... And now looking at it, I just saw it in a whole new way.... thanks + forgiving... instead of, or in addition to thanks + for + giving Interesting.... wouldn't it be awesome if we all could just forgive others of their shortcomings and be grateful for them as they are and accept them at face value instead.... the way we hope they look at us? Today I think of so many things.... What comes to mind: St. George - spent many Thanksgivings there while growing up and always spent time horseback riding over that weekend 4-day school vacation Dang!  In the middle of making this list I just remembered I forgot to make the Corn Soup... ugh... The 'Turkey Bowl' LeSueur Pumpkin Crunch Torte... I made a half this year which is baking (hopefully... something's up with my oven) as I type.... and man oh man, it sure smells good! My dad whipping the potatoes into oblivion Old family China dishes