Skip to main content

Hehehe!


Decided to post a cooking pic....
Not that I took the time to REALLY make these little pita trees beautiful...I only sprinkled on the red peppers... didn't place them in carefully chosen spots.... because people (and mostly men) would be looking at them for 2 seconds, deciding if they were stomach-worthy, then popping them in their mouths... but still thought they were kind of fun and festive!

Anyway... I changed the recipe a bit... as I can't stomach guacamole and am not a huge hummus fan.  So, I went to my trusty spinach dip recipe and since the trees needed to have a good green hue, I pulverized it all... and made a few adjustments.   And didn't go the light-on-fat version, either.... this is the holiday season, after all!

Pita Christmas Tree Appetizers

1 packet Knorr vegetable recipe mix
1 cube cream cheese
1 1/2 c. mayo
1 - 10 oz. box frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (really ring that sucker out!)
1/2 c. chopped, fresh basil
3/4 c. pine nuts, shelled (of course)
3 green onions, chopped
6 pita pockets
Small, skinny pretzel rods
1 red pepper, chopped and blotted dry

Mix first 7 ingredients and really cream them up in a food processor... I used my hand held-mixer and it worked great!
Refrigerate and allow to firm up.
With a pizza cutter, cut each pita pocket in half and spread a teaspoonful of dip into each pocket, press down firmly so it holds together well and won't open up.
Spread a generous portion of dip on the top of each half.
Cut into triangles like you're cutting a pizza.
Take a pretzel rod and gently insert into the bottom of each piece, pushing through into the pocket.
Sprinkle (or arrange nicely) the red pepper on top of dip.

YUMMM!

Oh... and a sprig of rosemary on the side of the plate (the way it looked on Pinterest... HA!) adds a nice little touch... I took the pic before I did that though!  Ho ho!



Popular posts from this blog

Playing an old game.....

..... Ally and I. It happened as we were driving down Ustick Rd. the other day and saw a car with a Hawaii license plate.... then 20 seconds later Connecticut and Pennsylvania.  Now, if you've never been on Ustick Rd, you might not understand the significance of that. Ally got Alaska yesterday. Guess I better get out more.

Thanksforgiving

'Thanksforgiving' is the title to my Thanksgiving Pinterest board.... And now looking at it, I just saw it in a whole new way.... thanks + forgiving... instead of, or in addition to thanks + for + giving Interesting.... wouldn't it be awesome if we all could just forgive others of their shortcomings and be grateful for them as they are and accept them at face value instead.... the way we hope they look at us? Today I think of so many things.... What comes to mind: St. George - spent many Thanksgivings there while growing up and always spent time horseback riding over that weekend 4-day school vacation Dang!  In the middle of making this list I just remembered I forgot to make the Corn Soup... ugh... The 'Turkey Bowl' LeSueur Pumpkin Crunch Torte... I made a half this year which is baking (hopefully... something's up with my oven) as I type.... and man oh man, it sure smells good! My dad whipping the potatoes into oblivion Old family China dishes