Skip to main content

Hike to the top of Mt. Borah


My bucket list is coming right along... and hiking Mt. Borah is some thing I've wanted to do since I first saw it about 15 years ago.  And for those of you that know how scared I am of heights, you know that there is one aspect to this hike that'll make it so incredibly difficult for me... 'Chicken-out Ridge': 

So far...
Stand in a field of acres of sunflowers
Enter something in the Western Idaho State Fair
Horseback through the Aussie Outback
Take piano lessons and learn how to play Fur Elise well again and several of my favorite hymns
Visit and tour the Huntington Library and grounds
Play baseball at the 'Sandlot'
Grow a vegetable garden in a community garden
Hike to the top of and spend the night up on Mt. Borah



Popular posts from this blog

Lake McDonald, Montana

Have I ever talked about my thing for rocks?  Have had it since I was a little girl.... loved to collect rocks and go to rock shops.  I even have a few sitting next to my bed (nothing bigger than what fits in the palm of your hand) right now that've caught my fancy the last year or so... or that someone's given me.  Like the small white one Ally gave to me from our trip to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, at the Quileute Indian Reservation beach (okay, yeah... so it was really to see 'Twilight' country, but we saw some pretty amazing scenery as well)... and then a black rock Rob found on our trip to the Oregon Coast last year. Anyway... there's this lake in Montana ... Lake McDonald ... obviously from the subject heading... and it's got shores of brightly-colored rocks.  So guess what got added to the bucket list as soon as I saw the photos?  Yep... I will go there... for the rocks.... just to see the pretty colors. 
"'Dear God,' she prayed, 'let me be something every minute of every hour of my life.'"   ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn