Skip to main content

Gotta love Stan

So today is Sarah's (my oldest's) last Saturday with us in Boise for a while (she's moving to Salt Lake this week). ..want to make every minute with her count (why do I always wait till the last?). Anyway, apparently, it's been the wettest May on record here for rain, so once again, it was an inside day for everyone.

When the kids were little, one of the activities they loved most was painting ceramics. I was amazed that 'Ceramica' was still even open. With David (my brother) here visiting his wife, Stacy (who is living with us while she does a nurse anesthetist residency) we made a day of painting on various forms and trying out 'Stans Charbroiled Hotdogs' (same stripmall as Ceramica).


http://stanshotdogs.com/

I'd recommend 'Stan's' to anyone...a fun, new place to eat incredibly healthified food...HA!

And a big thanks to Stacy and David for including us in their fun plans for the day!









Popular posts from this blog

Lake McDonald, Montana

Have I ever talked about my thing for rocks?  Have had it since I was a little girl.... loved to collect rocks and go to rock shops.  I even have a few sitting next to my bed (nothing bigger than what fits in the palm of your hand) right now that've caught my fancy the last year or so... or that someone's given me.  Like the small white one Ally gave to me from our trip to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, at the Quileute Indian Reservation beach (okay, yeah... so it was really to see 'Twilight' country, but we saw some pretty amazing scenery as well)... and then a black rock Rob found on our trip to the Oregon Coast last year. Anyway... there's this lake in Montana ... Lake McDonald ... obviously from the subject heading... and it's got shores of brightly-colored rocks.  So guess what got added to the bucket list as soon as I saw the photos?  Yep... I will go there... for the rocks.... just to see the pretty colors. 

Today...

Sunset over Sierra Nevada Mountain Range... FOR Sierra <3 How fragile life is, how certain death ... Every thoughtful person has asked himself the question best phrased by Job of old: "If a man die, shall he live again?" Try as we might to put the question out of our thoughts, it always returns. Death comes to all mankind. It comes to the aged as they walk on faltering feet. Its summons is heard by those who have scarcely reached midway in life's journey. At times it hushes the laughter of little children. ... We do not know when we will be required to leave this mortal existence. And so I ask, "What are we doing with today?" ~Thomas S. Monson~