Skip to main content

Grilled Pizza?


Sounded like a fun concept, especially since I'm without an oven right now.

'Buzzings of a Queen Bee' is one of my all-time favorite bloggers and this is where I got the idea. I learned that it is VERY important to roll the dough out thin, as it burns very quickly and for those of us who like thick crusted pizza and left ours that way, we ate it blackened. Otherwise they would have been awesome.

http://buzzingsofaqueenbee.blogspot.com/2010/05/pizzas-on-grill.html

I used this pizza sauce recipe...it's got a kick and next time I may lay off using as many red pepper flakes...but great none the less.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Exquisite-Pizza-Sauce/Detail.aspx

We'll definitely try this again.

A big big thanks to Dutch Boy who was VERY patient with me during this process and manned the grill with finesse.







Popular posts from this blog

Lake McDonald, Montana

Have I ever talked about my thing for rocks?  Have had it since I was a little girl.... loved to collect rocks and go to rock shops.  I even have a few sitting next to my bed (nothing bigger than what fits in the palm of your hand) right now that've caught my fancy the last year or so... or that someone's given me.  Like the small white one Ally gave to me from our trip to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, at the Quileute Indian Reservation beach (okay, yeah... so it was really to see 'Twilight' country, but we saw some pretty amazing scenery as well)... and then a black rock Rob found on our trip to the Oregon Coast last year. Anyway... there's this lake in Montana ... Lake McDonald ... obviously from the subject heading... and it's got shores of brightly-colored rocks.  So guess what got added to the bucket list as soon as I saw the photos?  Yep... I will go there... for the rocks.... just to see the pretty colors. 

Today...

Sunset over Sierra Nevada Mountain Range... FOR Sierra <3 How fragile life is, how certain death ... Every thoughtful person has asked himself the question best phrased by Job of old: "If a man die, shall he live again?" Try as we might to put the question out of our thoughts, it always returns. Death comes to all mankind. It comes to the aged as they walk on faltering feet. Its summons is heard by those who have scarcely reached midway in life's journey. At times it hushes the laughter of little children. ... We do not know when we will be required to leave this mortal existence. And so I ask, "What are we doing with today?" ~Thomas S. Monson~