Skip to main content
“How well I remember reading C. S. Lewis’s Mere Christianity many years ago. It seemed that here was someone who knew the essentials of the Christian faith and expressed them clearly, forcibly and with an acute insight in to Christian Revelation. I also remember enjoying very much The Screwtape Letters and thinking how clever C. S. Lewis was in anticipating how the devil works in our everyday lives and, of course, the Narnia books were and are hugely enjoyable and bring us literally into another kind of world. C. S. Lewis influenced me in the sense that here was a non-Catholic Christian expressing Christian faith in a way that was quite in accord with Roman Catholic teaching and with which I can concur completely. It opened up for me a sense of an ecumenical path and brought me to realise many years ago how much we as Roman Catholics had in common with the Anglican Communion and made me resolve to further the communion between us in every way open to me.”

—Cormac Cardinal Murphy-O’Connor, Archbishop Emeritus of Westminster


To me, CS Lewis comprehends almost perfectly the plan of our Heavenly Father, knowledge of the primitive church Christ set up while he was on the earth, and He understands fundamental gospel principles that were lost after Christ died....  He is a uniter among religions, not a divider.

Popular posts from this blog

Lake McDonald, Montana

Have I ever talked about my thing for rocks?  Have had it since I was a little girl.... loved to collect rocks and go to rock shops.  I even have a few sitting next to my bed (nothing bigger than what fits in the palm of your hand) right now that've caught my fancy the last year or so... or that someone's given me.  Like the small white one Ally gave to me from our trip to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, at the Quileute Indian Reservation beach (okay, yeah... so it was really to see 'Twilight' country, but we saw some pretty amazing scenery as well)... and then a black rock Rob found on our trip to the Oregon Coast last year. Anyway... there's this lake in Montana ... Lake McDonald ... obviously from the subject heading... and it's got shores of brightly-colored rocks.  So guess what got added to the bucket list as soon as I saw the photos?  Yep... I will go there... for the rocks.... just to see the pretty colors. 

Today...

Sunset over Sierra Nevada Mountain Range... FOR Sierra <3 How fragile life is, how certain death ... Every thoughtful person has asked himself the question best phrased by Job of old: "If a man die, shall he live again?" Try as we might to put the question out of our thoughts, it always returns. Death comes to all mankind. It comes to the aged as they walk on faltering feet. Its summons is heard by those who have scarcely reached midway in life's journey. At times it hushes the laughter of little children. ... We do not know when we will be required to leave this mortal existence. And so I ask, "What are we doing with today?" ~Thomas S. Monson~