Skip to main content

What is it with 3:40 am these days??

Messaging back and forth on facebook right now with one of my dearest friends who's in Hawaii.  And though I'm grouchy, tired (obviously with it being the middle of the night and I'm wide awake) and a bit melancholy (yes, I Lizzy V. get melancholy.... and it actually feels good to admit that, LOL!), I'm adoring her enthusiasm for life..... it's sort of rubbing off on me.

I used to feel like I always had to be the one that was constantly riding the 'zest for life wave' for everyone else..... but over the last several years I'm glad I've been able to come to appreciate those that pull me along on their own ride when I don't feel much like doing it myself.

Isn't that what relationships are all about?  Give and take?  All of us giving the best of ourselves to each other, and when the worst of ourselves comes out being able to receive love and tolerance from someone who has the strength we lack, but then we give some of our strength to them in an area they lack.  Make sense?

And too, not always feeling that pressure and *allowing* myself to feel through the emotions of the day ultimately is better for my overall well-being.

I am so fortunate to have so many incredible people in my life..... people that I feel so much gratitude for..... people who help me want to be a better person.... people that I hope know how much I love them.

I wonder what's going to happen tomorrow at 3:40 am?  Although I've enjoyed my introspective little thoughts (though not earth-shattering, but certainly a good reminder) of the last two nights, please please please let it be sleep!

Popular posts from this blog

Playing an old game.....

..... Ally and I. It happened as we were driving down Ustick Rd. the other day and saw a car with a Hawaii license plate.... then 20 seconds later Connecticut and Pennsylvania.  Now, if you've never been on Ustick Rd, you might not understand the significance of that. Ally got Alaska yesterday. Guess I better get out more.

Thanksforgiving

'Thanksforgiving' is the title to my Thanksgiving Pinterest board.... And now looking at it, I just saw it in a whole new way.... thanks + forgiving... instead of, or in addition to thanks + for + giving Interesting.... wouldn't it be awesome if we all could just forgive others of their shortcomings and be grateful for them as they are and accept them at face value instead.... the way we hope they look at us? Today I think of so many things.... What comes to mind: St. George - spent many Thanksgivings there while growing up and always spent time horseback riding over that weekend 4-day school vacation Dang!  In the middle of making this list I just remembered I forgot to make the Corn Soup... ugh... The 'Turkey Bowl' LeSueur Pumpkin Crunch Torte... I made a half this year which is baking (hopefully... something's up with my oven) as I type.... and man oh man, it sure smells good! My dad whipping the potatoes into oblivion Old family China dishes