Skip to main content

What is it with 3:40 am these days??

Messaging back and forth on facebook right now with one of my dearest friends who's in Hawaii.  And though I'm grouchy, tired (obviously with it being the middle of the night and I'm wide awake) and a bit melancholy (yes, I Lizzy V. get melancholy.... and it actually feels good to admit that, LOL!), I'm adoring her enthusiasm for life..... it's sort of rubbing off on me.

I used to feel like I always had to be the one that was constantly riding the 'zest for life wave' for everyone else..... but over the last several years I'm glad I've been able to come to appreciate those that pull me along on their own ride when I don't feel much like doing it myself.

Isn't that what relationships are all about?  Give and take?  All of us giving the best of ourselves to each other, and when the worst of ourselves comes out being able to receive love and tolerance from someone who has the strength we lack, but then we give some of our strength to them in an area they lack.  Make sense?

And too, not always feeling that pressure and *allowing* myself to feel through the emotions of the day ultimately is better for my overall well-being.

I am so fortunate to have so many incredible people in my life..... people that I feel so much gratitude for..... people who help me want to be a better person.... people that I hope know how much I love them.

I wonder what's going to happen tomorrow at 3:40 am?  Although I've enjoyed my introspective little thoughts (though not earth-shattering, but certainly a good reminder) of the last two nights, please please please let it be sleep!

Popular posts from this blog

Lake McDonald, Montana

Have I ever talked about my thing for rocks?  Have had it since I was a little girl.... loved to collect rocks and go to rock shops.  I even have a few sitting next to my bed (nothing bigger than what fits in the palm of your hand) right now that've caught my fancy the last year or so... or that someone's given me.  Like the small white one Ally gave to me from our trip to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, at the Quileute Indian Reservation beach (okay, yeah... so it was really to see 'Twilight' country, but we saw some pretty amazing scenery as well)... and then a black rock Rob found on our trip to the Oregon Coast last year. Anyway... there's this lake in Montana ... Lake McDonald ... obviously from the subject heading... and it's got shores of brightly-colored rocks.  So guess what got added to the bucket list as soon as I saw the photos?  Yep... I will go there... for the rocks.... just to see the pretty colors. 
"'Dear God,' she prayed, 'let me be something every minute of every hour of my life.'"   ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn