Skip to main content

Hugs in the produce department, hidden love notes and Union Jack handbags...

It's been kind of a strange week.  A GREAT week, but also one filled with ups and downs.

Rob flew to DC Sunday afternoon for business meetings and a day later Ally flew back to meet him for a week of fun.  So happy for both of them to spend this time together and for Ally to enjoy such a great great city.

I was lucky enough to have TLB stay after the farewell.... soo blessed am I to have her for a mother!  Every time I say goodbye to her it gets harder.  Here I am in my late 40's and I bawl like a baby when I drive away from her home or when I drop her off at the airport.  It was more difficult than I could have imagined when she left today.

Today, I'd dropped her off, hugged her and cried.... as I drove away and she was walking into the airport doors she never stopped waving.  I was planning to maybe go to a movie later with friends, so I decided to drive over to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and buy a caramel apple we could split amongst each other during the movie.  I took the long way back... the road that goes behind the airport... I didn't really feel like driving 80 mph with all the other cars on the freeway.  When I got to the intersection north of the airport I was waiting at the light and looked up the hill toward the airport and saw a Delta plane taxi-ing down the runway and waiting to take off.  It was the exact time my mom's plane would be taking off and I just knew it was hers.  I pulled over and watched it ascend into the sky and cried and cried.... and thought about my mom... and how I can't imagine life without her.... and here I sit typing, crying all over again.

Whenever she leaves my house my mom leaves a note hidden somewhere.... not really hidden.... but discreet enough that I don't always find it right away.  Today it was on a chalkboard I had sitting on the counter and I had a container sitting on top of it.  She knew that when I went to move it there would be her sweet, loving note to me... and that it would be just what I'd need.



A few days ago my mom and I were out shopping...

Popular posts from this blog

Lake McDonald, Montana

Have I ever talked about my thing for rocks?  Have had it since I was a little girl.... loved to collect rocks and go to rock shops.  I even have a few sitting next to my bed (nothing bigger than what fits in the palm of your hand) right now that've caught my fancy the last year or so... or that someone's given me.  Like the small white one Ally gave to me from our trip to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, at the Quileute Indian Reservation beach (okay, yeah... so it was really to see 'Twilight' country, but we saw some pretty amazing scenery as well)... and then a black rock Rob found on our trip to the Oregon Coast last year. Anyway... there's this lake in Montana ... Lake McDonald ... obviously from the subject heading... and it's got shores of brightly-colored rocks.  So guess what got added to the bucket list as soon as I saw the photos?  Yep... I will go there... for the rocks.... just to see the pretty colors. 

Today...

Sunset over Sierra Nevada Mountain Range... FOR Sierra <3 How fragile life is, how certain death ... Every thoughtful person has asked himself the question best phrased by Job of old: "If a man die, shall he live again?" Try as we might to put the question out of our thoughts, it always returns. Death comes to all mankind. It comes to the aged as they walk on faltering feet. Its summons is heard by those who have scarcely reached midway in life's journey. At times it hushes the laughter of little children. ... We do not know when we will be required to leave this mortal existence. And so I ask, "What are we doing with today?" ~Thomas S. Monson~